Always Protect YourselfPersonal safety is an issue that concerns everyone. To help you take charge of your own safety in malls and parking areas, remember these safety tips. And don’t hesitate to report any suspicious people and/or situations to mall security officers immediately. They’re there to help you.
In Parking Areas
- Make a mental note of where you parked your vehicle.
- Never park in an isolated area.
- Park in a well-lit area as close as possible to mall entrances.
- Never leave valuable packages in your vehicle.
- Store your packages in the trunk of your car.
- Know your vehicle’s license plate number.
- When leaving your vehicle, make sure all doors are locked and windows closed.
- Have your keys ready when returning to your vehicle.
As You Shop
- Walk confidently and be alert.
- Keep shopping bags in your sight at all times.
- Don’t burden yourself with too many bags or packages.
- Don’t display large sums of cash.
- Use checks or credit cards whenever possible.
- Never leave your credit card on a store counter.
- Carry your handbag or purse close to your body with the clasp or flap toward you.